In this episode, Jordan provides an in-depth analysis of mergers, acquisitions, and venture capital in the property management industry. He discusses the recent cycle of rollups and outside capital entering the space, explaining why standardizing complex property management operations has proven difficult. Jordan contrasts the venture capital versus value investing mindsets, arguing that cashflow-focused deals often fare better than those emphasizing big revenue promises. He also highlights the knowledge asymmetry that exists between experienced property managers and outside capital pursing deals in the space.
- The recent cycle of capital and rollups in property management
- The challenges of standardizing complex operations across different property types
- Why venture capital has struggled to generate standout returns in residential property management
- The difference between cashflow valuation versus revenue multiples
- The knowledge asymmetry between seasoned property managers and outside capital
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe to the Profitable Property Management Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform. For more thought-provoking discussions and insights, subscribe to our YouTube channel. We'd love to hear your thoughts on the episode, so please leave a comment or review!
More episodes of The Profitable Property Management Podcast: